SCOT MATAYOSHI spent five years as a civil litigator in Hawaii, focusing on construction litigation, before joining Schlack Ito. While attending the University of Hawaii’s William S. Richardson School of Law, Mr. Matayoshi was a member of the Jessup moot court team, competing internationally. Prior to law school, he spent three years teaching middle school science in Nanakuli, while simultaneously earning a Master of Education degree from the University of Hawaii. Mr. Matayoshi was honored with the Peace Day Hawaii award in 2009 for his work in Nanakuli.
Mr. Matayoshi is a Board Member of the Malama Honua Public Charter School Foundation, a member of the Hawaii United Okinawa Association’s Legal Committee, and a member of the Ko’olaupoko Hawaiian Civic Club. He is a member of the Pacific Century Fellows class of 2016 and also a member of the Hawaii State House of Representatives.
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (2018-2022)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021-2023)
- William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawaii - J.D. - 2012
- College of Education, University of Hawaii - M.Ed - 2008
- Claremont McKenna College - B.A. - 2006
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Malama Honua Public Charter School Foundation
- Hawaii United Okinawa Association's Legal Committee
- Ko'olaupoko Hawaiian Civic Club
- Pacific Century Fellows
Class of 2016