Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Schlack Ito's litigation and alternative dispute resolution attorneys have years of experience with Hawai'i's largest law firms and combine their knowledge and skill with the personal attention of the small practice setting to resolve client disputes efficiently and effectively. Our attorneys regularly represent individuals and entities in an expansive array of trial and appellate litigation and dispute resolution proceedings, on all islands and in federal court and examples of their breadth of representation include the following:
Real Estate Litigation
- Lease rent negotiations and arbitrations, enforcement or termination of commercial and residential purchase and sales agreements or leases, summary possession actions, judicial and non-judicial foreclosure proceedings, quiet title and partition actions, land use proceedings, real property tax contests, eminent domain and condemnations.
Business and Commercial Litigation
- Contract disputes, construction litigation, mechanic's liens proceedings, collections and repossessions, fraudulent conveyance and transfer actions and ERISA reimbursement claims.
Personal Injury and Tort Litigation
- Plaintiff and defense work in personal injury cases including motor vehicle accidents, premises liability cases, wrongful death and plaintiff representation in wrongful termination cases.
Professional Malpractice Defense Litigation
- Defense of attorney malpractice claims and claims against insurance agents and brokers.
Mediation, Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Representation of clients in successful mediation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution proceedings involving multiple parties in each of the foregoing areas of litigation.
- Schlack Ito attorneys also serve as court appointed arbitrators in personal injury lawsuits and pro bono mediators in a variety of cases.