Business and Corporate
Schlack Ito draws on its years of cumulative experience to offer a wide array of legal services to business clients ranging from small, family-owned business to large corporate entities. Examples of our services include the following:
Formation, Governance and Dissolution of Entities
- Formation and organization of corporations, limited liability companies, general and limited partnerships and nonprofit entities, including evaluation of entity choices and qualification of entity to do business.
- Preparation and modification of entity documents, such as articles of incorporation, bylaws, partnership agreements, shareholder agreements and operating agreements, and assistance with ancillary business filings, such as tax filings, licenses and permits.
- Advise and counsel on corporate governance issues, including fiduciary obligations of officers, directors and managing partners, rights and obligations of incoming and departing partners, dissolution and winding up of partnerships, rights of partnership creditors and ownership and control of partnership assets.
- Advice, counsel and representation in connection with capitalization and financing matters, stock purchases, redemptions, mergers, and the sale or purchase of businesses or assets.
- Negotiation and documentation of loan agreements, purchase and sale agreements, stock subscription agreements, merger agreements and joint venture agreements.
- Due diligence investigation of the target business or assets, drafting transfer documents, and obtaining required consents for transfer
- Registration of trademarks and service marks with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office and assistance with trade names and related registrations and filings.