Pro Bono Service, Community and Professional Involvement
Schlack Ito is committed to providing service pro bono publico ("for the public good") and to remaining highly involved in community and professional activities. Schlack Ito's attorneys deliver substantial hours in these areas including pro bono service in direct representation of clients in cases and in clinical counseling and advice sessions; activities through bar associations and legal organizations; and active membership and leadership in civic, charitable and religious organizations.
Examples of the attorneys' service and involvement include the following:
Pro Bono Service
- Representation of clients in an array of cases including veterans and Social Security benefits appeal; housing discrimination; foreclosure proceedings; summary possession actions; and protective custody child visitation rights.
- Participation in clinical counseling and advice sessions at transitional housing shelters and bar association telephone call-in program.
Bar, Legal and Professional Organizations
- Adjunct professors of law at William S. Richardson School of Law.
- American College of Real Estate Lawyer member.
- Board member and past president of Volunteer Legal Services Hawaii.
- Authors of numerous law articles in the Hawaii Bar Journal.
- Member of the Access to Justice Hui.
- Affiliate member, Council on Foundations.
- Member, Hawaii Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations
Civic and Charitable Organizations
- Member of Rotary International.
- Volunteer coaches for American Youth Soccer Organization.
- Service on various charitable organization boards.